Penguin Mints
Apr 9, 2006 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know where in the US I can get Penguin Mints (the black peppercorn ones). The reason is that I want to start a DIY project, and I like those cases better than the Altoids ones? Are there any stores that sell them?

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 14
noooooo!!! I just went to their website and it appears they are no longer producing the decaffinated mints. Those one's came in the nicest tin, it was a soft blue lavender colour.

ifive_1889_68974

I think now I may buy some penguin gum though...

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
whats the difference between a penguin tin and altiods tin?

penguins have a much smoother tone overall, i think it's the metal. Altoids tend to be harsher and a tad too much emphasis on the highs. To remedy this, just sprinkle a bid of cinammon dust to counter the highs, and spearmint dust to make a smoother sound, and wintergreen dust to give it more dynamics.

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
penguins have a much smoother tone overall, i think it's the metal. Altoids tend to be harsher and a tad too much emphasis on the highs. To remedy this, just sprinkle a bid of cinammon dust to counter the highs, and spearmint dust to make a smoother sound, and wintergreen dust to give it more dynamics.

LOL!!!
Only Head-Fi

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
noooooo!!! I just went to their website and it appears they are no longer producing the decaffinated mints. Those one's came in the nicest tin, it was a soft blue lavender colour.

ifive_1889_68974

I think now I may buy some penguin gum though...

I still have a few if you want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back