Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #31 of 43
A constant noise in wireless mode seems like a defect in your pair. Two things to check first, though: Is your built-in battery fully charged up?  Are you sure your wireless source is not emitting the noise? Test with another source just to be sure.  If it's the headphones, the Pendulumic team has amazing customer service and will help you out.

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #33 of 43
I  bought S1+ and the Meelectronics Matrix 2 on the same week. (Matrix 2 had a 3 day headstart). So far I like the S1+ better than the Matrix 2. Wider sound stage, tighter bass and a bit more detailed. The Matrix 2is slightly boomy and had to eq down the 100Hz by -6dB. I read several impressions that the Matrix 2 is neutral and S1+ as warm. But from what I hear it's the other way around.

The S1+ is heavier than Matrix 2 but the S1+ is surprisingly more comfortable for me. The headband suspension and larger ear pad makes a snug fit on my head. It just stay firmly and doesn't move while the Matrix 2 easily slides on top of my head. The only thing I don't like about the S1+ is the plastic cups which gives me the impression that it's cheap toy. If they are black I would not mind that the material is plastic. To Matrix 2's credit, it's the better looking headphone. When I 'm wearing the S1+ while walking around the city, I get a funny stare from people. lol.
biggrin.gif

I am looking to compare this to the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless but it seem not yet available in Singapore. I'll give a few more weeks and compare as many tracks as I can before I decide if S1+ is indeed superior than Matrix 2 before I let it go.

Also, just tried the Urbanite XL (wireless) I like the treble but could not take the bass which is way too boomy for my taste.

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #34 of 43
Just wrote down my impressions regarding the beatifulest :p BT gem I have ever came across.
http://www.kulaklik.web.tr/pendulumic-stance-s1-impressions/

Highly recommended for anyone who feels like to break the rule: BT is BAD, Wired is GOOD.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #35 of 43
I had them for a week but they had to go back.. They gave me nothing but trouble.
1) poor connection. Same floor on the house and close the door they starts to stutter..
2) no multipoint. Fine, I dedicate the connection to iPhone 6+ but sometimes waking up the iPhone and starts playing song there is no sound on the headphones but I'm connected to it. I had to press the knob for 6 secs to reset or restart the phone to be able to make the connection again.
3) why on earth there is no previous button.. I just don't get it
4) no option for pc/mac connection for future updates

Now I just got the backbeat pro and wow! Just wow
Sound were great! Active noice canceling just works fine. The range is incredible. Leaving my phone and going to basement or 2nd floor they will not stutter or no cutting sound.

I just updated firmware from 19 to 22 and they better than ever. They corrected some glitch on ear sensor when watching videos

I'm sorry pendulumic but your headphones are not worth $199

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #36 of 43
You must be a basshead!  Those backbeats are 80% bass and 20% everything else!

Pedulemic stance is like most other headphones, press the button three times and it goes previous.

1) poor connection. Same floor on the house and close the door they starts to stutter..  Didn't test this feature thoroughly, but probably pretty accurate.  My UE9000 had much better connectivity.
2) no multipoint. Fine, I dedicate the connection to iPhone 6+ but sometimes waking up the iPhone and starts playing song there is no sound on the headphones but I'm connected to it. I had to press the knob for 6 secs to reset or restart the phone to be able to make the connection again....   I didn't experience this issue.
3) why on earth there is no previous button.. I just don't get it.   as stated above.
4) no option for pc/mac connection for future updates.  I would agree.  

However, the draw of these is that the SQ is fantastic.  Its a much more "Audiophile" sound, while the BackBeat is much more "Consumer."  There hasn't been a good bluetooth headphone that is "Audiophile" previously, there has always just been "EXTRA Bass!!"  

For warm sound, big bass, and a feature-rich, great functional headset, I would challenge anyone to 'beat' the backbeat pro.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #37 of 43
i tried pushing the knob for 3x and nothing happens.
also, i dont use EQ. my iphone 6+ equalizer is turned of and i listen to spotify premium also spotify eq is off.

stance s1+ on my settings above sounds not right.. i need to make an adjustments. probably i like warm sound on the backbeat

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #38 of 43
The Stance S1+ is not shy in the bass at all.  I prefer a bit more bass than many people and I think their balance is terrific.  Most of my customers who have auditioned them also think they sound excellent for a $199 bluetooth set of headphones. Sadly, many have been turned off by the headband style (but not the great comfort).  

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #39 of 43
  The Stance S1+ is not shy in the bass at all.  I prefer a bit more bass than many people and I think their balance is terrific.  Most of my customers who have auditioned them also think they sound excellent for a $199 bluetooth set of headphones. Sadly, many have been turned off by the headband style (but not the great comfort).  

I agree as well that S1+ is not bass shy. It actually extends further at the bottom. It's actually a bit similar to how HE-6 extends. Not as detailed and don't have the deep slam and speed of HE-6 but the S1+ overall signature is pretty much similar to HE-6. At least from my impression. I actually use this on the go with my AK Jr using bluetooth. I hope their upcoming Tach T1 sounds as good as it is more suitable for mobile application. My S1+ and T51p just take turns when I'm out and about. I prefer both headphones than my custom in-ears. 

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #40 of 43
Wow, even without my Stance S1+ right now, I have to say that it is very impressive for multi-app in playing and listening. Slinging fat vengeful winged creatures to invading pigs in our universe is a quite a treat with them, but adding coconut EDM in the sound makes the tough work week disappear. The controls are somewhat complicated, but the S1+ works very well when you get the hang of it and use it for what it seems to to be the best source: smartphones. :)

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #41 of 43
Been living with the Stance S1+ for a few weeks and I love them. Worked well at the San Fran meet, and on the plane. They really like TIDAL from my iPhone or MacBook Pro. 

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #43 of 43
Just received my S1+, sound is amazing, very balancing sound, it does not sound bassy, but i really enjoy it's bass when listening to metal rock music. Sound quality using bluetooth without aptX (using iPhone6) sounds ok for me, good sound but not perfect. 
My other earphone is Cosmic Ears CE6P which also sound very balance, both using with DX90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back