Pendulum - Immersion, Out Monday May 24th
May 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Marcus_C

1000+ Head-Fier
Is anyone else waiting for the new album from pendulum? I heard them live in about Feb/March and since the start of the year odd tracks in various states of completion have been creeping through the radio. The First single 'Watercolour' was released earlier this week. Track listing:

1. "Genesis"
2. "Salt in the Wounds"
3. "Watercolour"
4. "Set Me On Fire"
5. "Crush"
6. "Under the Waves"
7. "Immunize" (featuring Liam Howlett)
8. "The Island - Part I: Dawn"
9. "The Island - Part II: Dusk"
10. "Comprachicos"
11. "The Vulture"
12. "Witchcraft"
13. "Self versus Self" (featuring In Flames)
14. "The Fountain" (featuring Steven Wilson)
15. "Encoder"

I have to say I like most of the tracks I've heard. I think atm 'Set me on Fire' and 'The Island' are my favourites. It may just be they weren't quite finished but a lot of them seem to be instrumentals. I'm waiting, though 'spiral' is still my favourite pendulum track.

May 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 7
No love for this album on head-fi? Oh well!

I picked it up this morning and have been listening to it most of the day. I like it although it strikes as having a bit of a split personality, due mainly to them following their fans rather than the other way round, "Self vs. Self ft. In Flames" in particular is a bit wierd but at least they tried. It has a lot of variety in it, from obvious remakes of 'Slam' (Salt in the Wounds comes to mind), a few tracks along a similar vibe as In Silico to much more classic pendulum sounds. My new favourite on the album is ''Encoder'' followed closely by "The Island".

I don't think much of their new drummer but i'm sure he'll work out fine eventually.

May 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Pendulum was probably one of the best live shows I've ever seen in my life. Hoping to pick up their album this week. I haven't heard too many of the new tracks, but from what I've heard, it sounds way more vocal, and not quite as heavy, as some of their past work. My favorite track is still probably "Blood Sugar".

May 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 7
I didn't even know this was around, so thanks for the heads up. I've never been much into the hard hitters from Pendulum, preferring those with a trancey sound or more experimental feel to them, so if this isn't as heavy it may be more up my street.

May 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 7
Copy from In Silico, paste to Immersion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back