Pearl Jam Riot Act 2lp Always Warped ?
Dec 21, 2004 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

steam3642

100+ Head-Fier
Hi There
I want to get a copy of the above lp which is unwarped, you see the trouble is i have bought this album new twice now and each time the store gets it in it is shrink wrapped which is normal except it comes with a lyric book that is slotted in first slot of the gatefold along with the first lp what looks to be happening is when the shrink wrap is applied it pulls the lp around the book , the book is smaller than the lp so the outer 2 cms diameter has a kink , the second lp is reasonably ok , but when you buy a brand new lp you expect it to be mainly true flat , the guy who owns the shop is good but i think that the only way to get a straight copy is to get a non u.s issue without shrink wrap or am i plain unlucky or go back to the dreaded cd , has anyone else struck this problem with this release. Thanks Phil . Perth . Western Australia.

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 3
If I were you I would make a formal complaint by phone to the manufacturers main office. They will appreciate your input and probably send you a coupon or complete refund and more importantly they will fix the problem causing the warpage.

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 3
No worries , returned it and got a full credit , wont even bother chasing another , the guy at the record store said he had sold many copies with no returns and maby they were warped as well but other buyers just kept them anyway , i mean it does play and not skip , but to me when you buy a brand new sealed recent release you expect it to be near perfect not come with a pathetic warp , i dont imagine to may complaints filed by what the guy said , customers just put up with it , well not for me ( anyway its not there best album infact the 4 lp best of has the best tracks from the album with many other gems , i will just settle for that) Buyer beware of the shrink wrap curse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back