Peakmeter for Windows Vista/7/8 available
Jan 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jiiteepee

Headphoneus Supremus
I made this simple peak meter to be used with my EqAPO GUI's / EqualizerAPO / generally in Windows Vista -> :

You can download the source and bineries from my tripod pages (EQ31GUI-2 page) at http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/home.html

This utility is under developement so it's just stereo (channels 0 and 1) ATM. Don't work with ASIO nor in WASAPI Exclusive mode.

EDIT: there was a bug with channel mapping (peakmeter did not work with devices > 2 channels) which is now fixed.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi, thanks for the work :)
Before I install it I would like to understand how does it work.
I have just downloaded the Apo and the  Room EQ, and I have made a preset to use it as ground EQ for all music and so that also while streaming I have a better sound.
Then when playing music with a player I can eventually add more eq depending on the music.

But, what does your program? How does the installation work, and how the operation?

Cheers

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 7

But, what does your program? How does the installation work, and how the operation?

Cheers

There's no installation ... .just extrct the needed file using 7-zip.
Executables (.exe) can be located in release and x64/release folders.

Peakmeter reads the current output level of channels 0 and 1 for default audio device (shows as default on system sound playback panel)  using GetChannelsPeakValues() method. Nothing fancy. There's nothing to adjust in peakmeter. With peakmeter you can monitor the final output level after adjusting EqualizerAPO filters/preamping.

EDIT: there was a bug with channel mapping (peakmeter did not work with devices > 2 channels) which is now fixed.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 7
New version v.0.30 available.

Now supports (partially) multichannel metering. Updates coming up after learning some more secrets of C++ coding.
blink.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Updated to version v. 0.60

New features
- borderless
- adjustable transparency
- adjustable XY location
- option to save "on top" state, transparency and xy location as default setting
Rewritten dialog auto-size routines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back