PCMCIA Sound card Suggestions!
Jul 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ABathingApe

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

can't seem to find many of these still kicking around. Probably because PCMCIA ports are being replaced by expresscard slots. Anyways, my laptop still runs one of these and all I can seem to find is ones by Creative. But from my understanding, Creative products work best in XP. They do seem to state they have support for Vista through then OpenAL, anyone have experience with this? Anyone have experience with other branded PCMCIA sound cards? I'm really not interested in USB cards.

Cheers

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Echo Indigo DJ is what you are looking for. Get one soon, as they are being replaced with a ... man... how is "PCMCIA Express" really called
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 7
These things seem to be really hard to track down. Both Canadian dealers listed with Echo are not selling the product. That and this thing seems to cost 2.x times the price of a Audigy from say ebay... Is this product that much better? Both offer 24/96

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 7
There are quite a few reviews for the Echo Indigo out there. I have had quite a few soundcards and always ended up keeping the Indigo DJ. It is dead silent, no noise or whatsoever, sounds very clean and I could not find anything missing, crystal clear highs, pushy bass and mids just how they should be. Asio drivers etc.
So it has all I could ask for and compared to what is out there is relatively cheap. I would not compare it with an Audigy but with the more professional cards.

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 7
hmm, at that price, I might as well pitch in a little more and buy that iBasso D10 I wanted.

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Another approach might be a PCMCIA firewire card -> one of the firewire sound "cards" folks like so much. Just a thought. I have such a card if you want to pursue that approach...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back