PCDPs From Japan?
Oct 27, 2004 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

meesha

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I have a friend visiting japan and wanted to get a pcdp that is available only in japan. I know they have crazy colors but i have no idea what models are available there right now.. Can someone make some reccomendations as far as whats available and whats a good value?
budget is 100$US
Thanks!

Oct 27, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know, the Sony NE900 is only available in silver in the US. I got a nice metalic blue one in Japan, and they also have a black one. I bought mine for Y14,000, which is about $120. Both look very nice. You can search the board for reviews regarding how they sound. In Japan, they also have the Sony EJ800 in various colors, and it comes with a white wired remote and while EX51 headphones. Personally, they look a lot like the EJ885 with better headphones. They can probably be found for about $110. I don't think Kenwood sells PCDP in the States anymore, they have some for about $100. I am not sure about the sound on those.

My vote is for either the blue or black NE900, not too many people have that model (only head-fi maniacs will pay $150 over here for a PCDP) and the different color will truely make it unique. And it really does sound nice.

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 4
As far as I know, neither one is affected by the recall. The EJ800 has a similar design to the ones that were recalled, but since its a 2004 model, I believe that they fixed the defect. The NE900 has a completely different design, so I believe that they are not affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back