PCDP that can rival av710?
Oct 9, 2004 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Reck45

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any players out there that can rival the chaintech av710? I'm getting tired of using my computer as a source...with the loud cpu fan and all. I may be able to get a used player for pretty cheap I'm thinking. You can get lucky if you look around. My JB1 quite frankly sounds like crap and pisses me off. Not to mention the power output cannot power my 555s for crap. Thanks.

Listening to a live jazz concert now on my av710 and it sounds fantastic...throw it on my JB1 no matter what the bit rate and it sounds like mud even without the crappy eq(that degrades it further). *sighs*

Oct 10, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I had a sony d321 for a while and when listening to cds, it did sound better than the AV710 playing 500Kb/s ogg files, but when it came down to cd playback, the AV710 was better. You might find some of the other old pcdps come closer though.

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Hm you know I don't see anything on that player anywhere. I also have a 50 dollar optimus pcdp but tha fails audio wise as well. Funny how it's easy to step up a level but it's hard to step down eh?

Oct 10, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 4
The GPX PCDP listed in my sig compares pretty well to my AV-710. It has a bit less real highs and overall the sound is a bit grainier, but it's still pretty nice. No skip protection though, so it isn't the most portable (though I have no problem walking around with it holding it in my hand).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back