pcdp for use with SR80s
Sep 6, 2001 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chewmanji

100+ Head-Fier
I'll be getting my SR80s in this week, and I was wondering what a good pcdp would be for using the grado's straight out of the headphone jack.

i was also wondering if anyone had any opinions on the sony mz-r37 MD recorder, cuz i have one lying around, and i don't use it much anymore...

Sep 7, 2001 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 6
I've bought a Philips Expanium 201 portable mp3/cd-player and a Grado SR80 over here - sounds fine to my ears.

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / lini

Sep 7, 2001 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by chewmanji
i was also wondering if anyone had any opinions on the sony mz-r37 MD recorder, cuz i have one lying around, and i don't use it much anymore...

My opinion is, that if you have it just sitting around, sell it on the Head-Fi sale forums.
tongue.gif

By the way, congrats on your SR-80 buy -- you'll love em. I was just telling my brother that I think my SR-80s are sounding even better than ever just from using 'em daily.

Sep 7, 2001 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 6
and I'll bet your brother laughed at you and told you to listen to his max/Hd600 setup
biggrin.gif

I wholeheartedly reccomend the Panasonic SL-SW860. If it's available yet, try to find my review on headwize.

Sep 7, 2001 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
and I'll bet your brother laughed at you and told you to listen to his max/Hd600 setup
biggrin.gif

Nah, his SR-80's sound pretty amazing for the dough out of a JMT-built CHA47 and his old Sony portable. Makes me miss my Grados.

Sep 7, 2001 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 6
If you can find one used get an older Sony with ESP2 like the D-E446CK that I own. They have 15mw amps and should have lots of power for the SR80's. Someone also told me the D-E446CK sounds way better than the more expensive D-E776CK (includes D-E775 or D-E771. They're really durable (more durable than Panasonics) but they don't take too much banging around without skipping. They're fine for walking with them in your hand with ESP off but mine won't work good in some pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back