PCB - Sijosae's MHHA
Dec 6, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sijosae
Thanks for the interests in my amp.

I attached layout (12AU7 version) of the MHHA v3.0.

ps) ATAT, LEDs (blue <--> red) were swapped in your schematic.

Thanks sijosae, I already fixed the LED problem in the newest schem.. (finally relaized that). Thanks very much for the board art.. hope you dont mind if I turn it into an EAGLE .brd file

Do you know if it's possible to run this off of 3 9V batteries? (which is my plan.. 27v on power pin). I might get a hammond case and put a battery board on the bottom (of some sort... do they make NiMH 9V batteries?)

Dec 6, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAT
Do you know if it's possible to run this off of 3 9V batteries? (which is my plan.. 27v on power pin). I might get a hammond case and put a battery board on the bottom (of some sort... do they make NiMH 9V batteries?)

They do. They're typically rated at about 250mAh

So, with something like 450mA draw from the MHHA, three NiMH 9v packs will power your MHHA for something like half an hour.

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #18 of 22
ATAT,
Sorry for slow response - work keeping me busy. Here is the schematic I used. Cut out ground in schematic because I routed by hand. In terms of the tube pins, the schematic is for a 6922. Best of luck with your project
Cheers -ALBQ

Attachment 6599

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #19 of 22
Kickass ALBQ.. thanks!

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #21 of 22
Hello Sijosae,
i am a new to head-fi and very into my new hobby, in the last 6 months i have spent lots and lots of $$$$ new headphones, amps etc. and loving every bit
of the hobby. i have seen your work on this site and you are quite impressive
and do beautiful work. i want to do what you do, i am not a engineer by no means, but i am handy with my hands and learn quick. would you point me into the right direction for amp building,and staying with the small but powerful amp builds.i look around the website and see most people start with
the famous CMOY amp. Thats where i would like to start. i could have , i guess
chosen some one else to get me started ,but your work has inspired me. please
if i am of bother i will understand, but could you leed me into the right direction, i would even take a soldering class if there is such offerings.
i would even need direction on the best soldering iron to get. i do have a passion for this besides being a fun thing to do, i would save lots of money
and get the satisfaction of building and and listening to the final product.
well thanks for your time Sijosae
ALL EARS
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back