PC360 vs PC363D and PC350 vs PC350SE
Jul 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HFCOBRA

Head-Fier
I am in the market for a nice headset. Price is not an option between these. I want the best of the four.

It looks to me that the 363 still isn't better than the 360 due to the 7.1 setup but it is a virtual 7.1 instead of actually having all those speakers crammed in the earcup.

Does anyone else with more headphone experience have an opinion about these? Anyone tried 2 or more and want to share some thoughts?

I'm leaning towards the 360s but if the 363s are better I don't mind paying the extra $$.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 7
What source(s) are the headphones going to be plugged into?

Right now I'm thinking you will get the PC360 and a separate Headphone Surround Sound processing device.

Might try asking about headphones for gaming on these links.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-dog-v-3-2-reviewed

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm sort of in the same boat as you.

I ended up buying AKG K702 Annie ($350) and a mod mic ($40). The Annie will need a separate amp, but you could get yourself a very nice headset say a DT990 attach the mod mic and you're good to go. Better sound, excellent mic, and still cheaper than the PCXXX line up you mentioned.

Just giving you another avenue to explore.

I did try out the PC360 before and it sounded nice. But not for the price I think.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 7
What source(s) are the headphones going to be plugged into?

Right now I'm thinking you will get the PC360 and a separate Headphone Surround Sound processing device.

Might try asking about headphones for gaming on these links.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-d.-v-3-2-reviewed

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

I am going to be plugging into my Xonar STX. I also have a Schiit Asgard. The second revision of the first release. The one that fixed the headphone driver flexing issue, but not the Asgard II. :)

I'm sort of in the same boat as you.

I ended up buying AKG K702 Annie ($350) and a mod mic ($40). The Annie will need a separate amp, but you could get yourself a very nice headset say a DT990 attach the mod mic and you're good to go. Better sound, excellent mic, and still cheaper than the PCXXX line up you mentioned.

Just giving you another avenue to explore.

I did try out the PC360 before and it sounded nice. But not for the price I think.

I already have some Senn HD650s. I just cant bring myself to put an ugly mic anywhere on them. I know it's a bit ridiculous to buy a separate headset altogether, but i plan to take the PC360s to LANs and such. I never let my 650s leave the house. I also found the 360s for $200 which I think is reasonable enough. :)

Also not a huge fan of the Zalman. It works great but everyone hears everything going on in my basement and sometimes it bothers other people or I'll start talking about personal things and not realize there is someone in vent or forget to mute, etc. Only happened once but was a bit embarrassing lol. :p

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 7
I decided on the 360 first gen.  I like them on an amp quite a lot and the mic is very good.  I prefer the open ears because I don't like closed personally.  That was a no brainer for me.  However I can say that they sound flat and veiled when I do not use an amp (plugged into the aux port on my BenQ).  I actually prefer my 650's unamped and plugged into the monitor far more than the 360's which is odd if you ask me.  Something that I was not expecting at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back