PC to receiver digital transport help
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
Right now, my mobo digital out appears to be noisy or struggling. I get static and clipping when playing a game like bf3 or other sources with a high dynamic range.\

I basically just need something that can send the data without distortion into my receivers dac. I am pretty sure the issue is on the pc side b/c this doesn't happen with a sony sacd player.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Try and find a used sound card with digital output or a USB to S/Pdif output.
I would also check and make sure you don't have anything like night mode, or Dynamic range control turned on in either the onboard or the receiver.  Go through all your settings to make sure this is not the cause.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 3
All settings are stock. It is weird. Does not happen with the headphone jack. Still testing. I ran another amp and the issue did not arise.

I would say it is the amp in the receiver except that it has done this before. It stopped for a long time. Then my kitten decided it would be fun to inspect my computer and dragged the OS HD off of the test bench and broke it. Since then, using the backup HD, issues again.

Need to do more testing. I am really thinking it is either a hardware issue with the amp or the output of the mobo can't handle over 104db? Not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back