PC sound card, which is best?
Jan 19, 2004 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

reeseboisse

100+ Head-Fier
Now, I know this question doesn't really pertain to amps proper, but nonetheless; What do you guys think is the best PC sound card out there? I know there aren't really any "high-end" per se cards out there, (that I know of anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong,) but I still need something decent. I listen to most of my music on the computer, and have done all I can via software means. It's time to upgrade the hardware. Any suggestions?

*edit* I should say, this is for playback only, I'm not doing any recording. I just want something that sounds nice.

Jan 19, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 7
Do you know of a place where I can find some info on this? Assuming of course it's a fairly reasonable price...

Jan 19, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 7
This topic has been dealt with in a fair number of threads in the Source forum. Do a search for sound card, and you'll find plenty of information on this area of Head-Fi-Dom in place already.

Jan 19, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by reeseboisse
Do you know of a place where I can find some info on this? Assuming of course it's a fairly reasonable price...

Fairly reasonable price? Hahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Good question.

I have the RME digi96/8 PAD. December Flavor of the Month.

Still tastes good after a month.

That is a $300 price range sound card.

I'm sure there's better out there. I guess I'll wait til the August Flavor of the Month is out.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back