PC -> Move Interconnect
Aug 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mansize_tissue

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to need a 3.5mm jack, male-to-male stereo cable to connect my Move (if i end up getting one) to my X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty sound card in my computer pretty soon. Since i live in the UK, it's difficult to find Cardas cables, which are usually recommended, so i was wondering what, out of the following would be the best:
Nikkai Connect 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Plug Lead - 1.5m, 3m or 5m
Lynx Standard 3.5mm Stereo jack to 3.5mm Stereo jack - 5m
Lynx Professional 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 3.5 Stereo Jack - 5m
Hosa Stereo 3.5mm (M) - Stereo 3.5mm (M) - 10 ft
Planet Waves 5ft (1.54m) Male to Male Stereo 1/8” (3.17mm) Mini Cable

It needs to be at least 1.5m long, to reach the back of my computer, if you have any other suggestions.

Secondly, am i best to connect the amplifier directly to the line out on the sound card, or to the 1.4" headphone out on the front I/O panel that i got with my Fatal1ty card? The latter would be easiest, because it would mean i wouldn't have to keep unplugging my speakers which will, eventually, have damaging effects on the sound card's ports.

I don't really want to spend more than £15 altogether including postage, and one of the cables i mentioned above would be preferred. I look forward to your suggestions.

And am i best to plug these into the line out on my sound card, or use a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adapter and connect the amplifier to the front i/o which came with my X-Fi Fatal1ty card?

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Line out .....to get the line level ...it should be clearer than the amplified headphone output.

As to the cable you need a 3.5mm to two rca length needs to be 1.5m ?

I can build you a 4n silver one using air/ptfe .....without too many problems

pm me if your interested [I'm in the uk too]....

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for your reply.

The cable really needs to be mini-to-mini, since the input on the amplifier and output on my sound card are both 3.5mm jacks. Thank you very much for the offer, though.

So i should connect it to, what would be, the green jack on my X-Fi sound card which is normally used for front speakers or headphones, yes?

Also, do you think the Nikkai Connect cable i linked to above would do the job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back