PC -> Mini Hifi
Apr 30, 2002 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Necroist

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I own a sony mini-hifi with an line-in line-out inputs and I'm using SB Live! Value on my PC.

Would it be possible to pass the sound info into my mini-hifi so that I can skip the crackling sound I"m hearing on my SBLive?

How can I do that?

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 17
I don't see how you can do that. I don't see how you can by-pass your soundcard and go straight into your sony without getting sound. Since the soundcard is what produces your audio and is the source of your crackling sound.

Let me guess you have a VIA chipset on your motherboard?

I have a SBlive and I hate the hell out of it! Pairing the Creative cards with Via chipsets is asking for trouble. Via PCI latency problems and incompatability problems... too many troubles to deal with em.

All I can think of to get rid of the crackling sound is just to get another soundcard.

Gluegun should have more ideas on which one to get.
biggrin.gif

good luck

Apr 30, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #4 of 17
yeah it pisses me off too! i'll look for some fixes and stuff. there were some patches that claimed to work. For some it did work and for others it didn't. < i didn't want to deal with the troubles if it didn't work for me so i never tried out those patches.

so if you wanted to you could look for the VIA PCI latncy patch or another patch to see if they work for you. bit risky unless you have everything backed up and know how to re-install everything in case your system gets hosed. but really though i think we got screwed over on this.

mad.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 17
here try this , it turns my sblive into .... errr.... something else
wink.gif

I'm in process of collecting money for some pro card but this driver is doing fine job in killing time.

You need to use REAR output and don't forget to install/extract those mfc libraries and uninstall EVERYTHING from creative.

Let me know how it performed because it removed ALL noise from mine.

Apr 30, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Alternatively you can buy a USB dac link.

I have an xitel Hifi-Link($50 from minidisco) going from my PC to my Hifi. Works wonderfully. its cheaper than a sound card and its portable.

have a search for xitel. it has been discussed in a few post on the forum.

May 1, 2002 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by nuhi
here try this , it turns my sblive into .... errr.... something else
wink.gif

I'm in process of collecting money for some pro card but this driver is doing fine job in killing time.

You need to use REAR output and don't forget to install/extract those mfc libraries and uninstall EVERYTHING from creative.

Let me know how it performed because it removed ALL noise from mine.

Tried it.

Its pretty good in a way that the crackling is reduced but I can hear occasional "pop-crack"

May 1, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 17
Ok, now all you need is to find which setting for buffers suits you best.

Just go with right mouse button on kxProject taskbar button and chose Settings-Setup Buffers, then play with that a little bit.
Main issue is the Latency which is "ms" measurement thingy .
People ARE fixing their cracks-pops just by tweaking that.

Good luck.

May 2, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 17
Ok i got the KXmenu (after manually installing the drivers)

What's your KXsettings at? Tried adjusting the buffers, don't know which direction to go but there's still crackling...

And is there anyway I can get ym microphone back?

May 2, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 17
What is kxProject? its an audio driver which improves sounds??

I dont understand how an audio driver can improve a mechanical fault without compromising the quality. sounds dodgy to me. does it really work?

May 2, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #13 of 17
frown.gif
sorry i don't know which settings are the best, try going to the kxP forums on their homepage, there is lots of usefull info
www.kxproject.com

And for the taosters question...it's the custom made driver with ASIO support, lower noise (because there is no 3d accel and some other improvements), tweak for using rear output which is beter in hardware, thats because of this.

And list goes on, skim their page, it's great for sblive/audigy users if they use it primary for listening and "making" music.

May 2, 2002 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 17
Have you unmute it, in the task bar mixer there is a little dot bellow mic sign, and it must be blue, not grey. It is located in AC97 submenu. Put a boost too.
I forgot to tell you (because it's not a big deal) to setup your speakers configuration acording to yours because kcp puts them on 5.1 by default.
Go to control panel-multimedia(sounds and audio devices) and advanced on speakers, put desktop stereo speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back