Pc/laptop audio upgrade.
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cpgr

New Head-Fier
Hello ,i would like to upgrade my current pc audio setup which consists of a soundcard asus xonar dgx used with a pair of vmoda m80's . The asus card lately produces high static noise. I would like to have a portabe amp/dac interface for use with my laptop,smartphone etc. After little research i ordered a Fiio E17k which was at a discount (haven't received it yet) ,but then i had second thoughts about it as i found out some desktop amp/dac's -but protable enough for my use- like schiit fula2 and i am confused between these two.

Also i found the Fiio e18 at a lower price than the e17k i ordered which seems better (and i like the volume knob better than the e17k's up-down keys :) )

So what are the differences between the above and what will suite better my needs?
My budget is around 150 euros/$ and the main use will be music/movies and occasional gaming. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 2
The E18 was created more for mobile sources, Android in particular - less software and power issues, plus it has a bigger battery to last longer or be used as an emergency power bank to charge the Android host. Its power output AFAIK is also a lower but if your headphones are reasonably efficient then that isn't a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back