PC isn't picking up my DACmagic->>>headphone rig inactive :O:O help?
Apr 26, 2010 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

1000+ Head-Fier
I used Windows 7 professional 64-bit, and connect to my DACmagic with a USB cable.
Everything was fine till just now when it decided it would delete the default driver "C-Media USB Speakers" or something along those lines....it's not on the list anyhow.
I've tried restarting.
It's not recognising the DACmagic when I plug it in...
I've googled it but only get info about drivers changing, not disappearing.
Also when I turn it on, there is a high pitched squeal it makes, which goes quiet then, but it's annoying, even if I only notice it when there's no sound, spesh cos I have (I think) tinnitus.

I am basically at a loss here but don't look forward to waiting ages for a replacement.
I'm not sure if I'd just be better off replacing the optical cable that went missing at the last meet.

Apr 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 8
I'd just get a cheap optical cable to skip drivers completely. It's the reason I don't use USB with my compass.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 8
Windows 7 must have a system restore? Did you try that with a previously known good configuration date?
I'm pretty sure it would restore the driver...worth a try anyway...

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Either way, you have to reinstall the onboard sound drivers. Just try that, and see if it works. It might just be that you uninstalled the 'HD Audio' drivers, which is a basic thing, and Windows really doesn't like that.

If I recall, the DACMAGIC doesn't even have drivers. So using an optical cable would be just as difficult.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back