PC help needed. Won't let me access Head-fi!
Sep 2, 2008 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tridacnid

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, for about a week now, my home PC hasn't been letting me go to Head-fi.org. "Well how am I posting this?" You may ask. I am on a laptop, directly plugged into my wireless router because someone decided that flicking the WIFI on/off switch was fun, and broke the internal WIFI.

Anyways, last night, I finally realized that it wasn't just another outage, but that my computer wasn't letting me through.

System specs:
Windows XP Home SP3
Decent hardware, but getting outdated. Runs BF2142 well at medium settings.

New changes:
Bought a Linksys USB wireless adapter to replace my old Netgear one, which became erratic and annoying.
Started using Firefox a couple months ago, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Windows Internet Explorer won't let me through either.

I am at your command. Help me, please. I need my Head-fi fix.

Tridacnid

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 9
Well, what message do you get when you try to access Head-Fi? Is Head-Fi the only site you can't get to?

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 9
Yep. Any other site works.

I get "Connection Interrupted. The connection to the sever was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Did a virus and spyware scan. Nothing came up.

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 9
It's possible you have the wrong IP in your name resolver cache. Open a command prompt (Windows-R, then CMD then ENTER). Then type:
Quote:

ipconfig /flushdns

followed by ENTER

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 9
i'm not trying to insult you, but are you clicking on a Bookmark link? maybe try going to google, typing in "headfi," then going in from there?

again, just a simple solution that some people may overlook!

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 9
Okay weirdest thing ever. Now it is letting me get here.
confused.gif

Thanks to everyone who replied.

uraflit- no, it just wouldn't let me come here. I usually type into the address bar, anyway.

majid- may have worked, but it started working again for no reason.

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay weirdest thing ever. Now it is letting me get here.
confused.gif

I was blocking you from sharing my mojo. But I am merciful sometimes, and decided to open up some of my generous mojo with you again. Welcome back.

wink.gif

Actually, I have no idea what the problem was, but, again, welcome back. Don't let it happen again.

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 9
This site has a feature that won't allow you in if you've spent too much money on gear in the last 30 days. After 30 days, the counter resets to zero. That's what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back