PC gaming with IEM? Ultimate Ears 10TF vs. Logitech g930, huh? lol. Need some input.
Dec 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lostcase

Head-Fier

[size=medium]
Just purchased my first pair of high end IEM, UE 10TF.  I saw a sale, jumped on it, great! However, I just realized that I won't use them much since I no longer take the train to work, (god I miss you NYC).  

Now, I was also thinking about getting the Logitech G930. I listen to a lot of music and just started to game on my pc. Would be interested in something that would give me 5.1\7.1 sound (some would argue that that cannot be achieved with headphones, but eh, who cares. I have a real 7.1 home theater set up also). I mostly play Black Ops on my pc and will be getting BFBC2 tomorrow. 

Anyway, I've been really bent on getting the G930, but don't wanna shell out full MSRP atm.  

I have the Asus Crosshair Formula IV mobo, which brings SUPREMEFX X-FI.
Would I be able to get the same type of sound that the G930 brings with a cheaper headset, let say the Audio Technica ATHM40FS. Those I actually own, but do not have with me at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to tell if the x-fi increases the performance. I will say that the ATHM40FS sound great, nice Bass, but nothing special. I've read else where that having X-FI in your system can really bring out great sound with the right pair of headphones. 

Going back to the UE 10TF, how will they compare to the G930's using the X-FI?  Yes, I know they are two different styles, IEM vs. Headphones, but I'm thinking if I can get awesome surround sound type of effects, I'll just skip on the G930's for now and wait until they are on sale.  

Hope that all made sense.  =0) 
[/size]

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 8
um... anyone? 

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 8

It seems that with todays headfi reaction times, you'll have to wait for a response.  I for one, know nothing about gaming sound.  Yes I know that didn't help, but just wanted to let you know that for whatever reason (I know why) the forums have been a little slow as of late.  Congrats on the new IEMs though.  

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 8
kboe, hehe, thanks for the heads up and I just need to be a lil bit patient.  

murdock, thanks for the tip.  I'll look into the mg51's.

Just unpacked my TF10's and rocked some black ops, wow, I like the sound that I am getting.  

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Okay, after a bit of gaming, I've tried some music.  

I've listened to Andrew Lloyd Webber Phantom of the Opera sound track, creedence clearwater revival fortunate son, Kanye West new album, and some nirvana.  

To really enjoy some songs, I have to push them in a little bit, which is a bit painful. Sounds muffled without bass.  I honestly think I'm not putting them in right, so user error.  

I'm chewing gum (not sure if that helps) while I listen to get used to having them in my ears.  

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm going to connect these to my pc and blast on high overnight.  hopefully that works.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back