PC Gaming Headset Under $100
Jul 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

PCgamer1

New Head-Fier
Basically I am wanting to get my first gaming headset. I play a lot of pc games. Really am just looking for some recommendations for a good PC gaming headset. The only preference I have right now is that it has a mic. Also I can go more than $100 if that helps any.

Thanks

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:
Basically I am wanting to get my first gaming headset. I play a lot of pc games. Really am just looking for some recommendations for a good PC gaming headset. The only preference I have right now is that it has a mic. Also I can go more than $100 if that helps any.

Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT-990) semi-open headphones, $70.
Does not come with a mic, but you can buy any separate mic you like.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 17
For official gaming headphones, try the Razer Kracken. also, the Steelseries flux are a portable gaming headset. If your willing to increase your budget, i can give you more.

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 17
Yeah I was liking something along the lines of the razer kraken pro but not really sure what alternatives there are to it. Not anything against them I just want to know what's kind of similar to them.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 17
Yeah I was liking something along the lines of the razer kraken pro but not really sure what alternatives there are to it. Not anything against them I just want to know what's kind of similar to them.

Not knocking Ezio's headphone choice of headsets designed for gaming, but the consensus on head-fi is that you can typically get better sound from headphones over gaming headphones. The ATH-AD700 is considered one of the best headphones for gaming because of the excellent positional audio. Then add a modmic http://www.modmic.com/.

For reviews of various headphones for gaming, see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-dog-v-3-2-reviewed

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 17
Well really the sound quality really doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be the best but it can't be crap. Really for a starter headset/headphone I want something with good sound quality, durable, maybe a trusted brand, and a mic. I don't need anything fancy also.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
Not knocking Ezio's headphone choice of headsets designed for gaming, but the consensus on head-fi is that you can typically get better sound from headphones over gaming headphones. The ATH-AD700 is considered one of the best headphones for gaming because of the excellent positional audio. Then add a modmic http://www.modmic.com/.

For reviews of various headphones for gaming, see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-dog-v-3-2-reviewed

I agree with you on that. Headphones are better than gaming headphones, as ive tried alot of them.

Quote:

The Razer orca is also a good choice. It's just like the Kracken but without a mic. Also, check out steelseries, I love steelseries headphones, definitely suitable for gaming. I recommend the V2's.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 17
Siberia v2 Is always a good choice. You come to head-fi and say you don't care about sound quality. I find that amusing

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
Well I care about it but it isn't the most important thing to me right now.

Check out the V2's. Definitely Worth your time
k701smile.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #13 of 17
If I expand my budget to under $200 would this open up a lot more good options?

If you don't care that much about sound quality, what you are hoping to get out of more expensive headphones?

What kind of sound card are you using? Just the output from your computer's motherboard? If so, the AD700 would still be my recommendation and then add a better sound card.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:
If I expand my budget to under $200 would this open up a lot more good options?

Yes it will. But its more recommended that you buy real headphones. But for gaming, buy a siberia V2 Soundcard and a V2 itself. That;s my set on my PC. Though i would recommend you buying headphones instead and check out the SOny MDR-1R's.

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #15 of 17
Sennheiser pc360's are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back