PC Gamers: mouse pad recommendations
Jul 19, 2005 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

tortie

Headphoneus Supremus
I've worn out my Func Surface 1030 pad and im now looking for a replacement. Any recommendations? Im currently using a logitech MX500 optical mouse.

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 31
I would buy another func 1030
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 31
I like dkt pad (used func pad for about a year, until it wore out). Even though dkt pad is made of cloth, it feels very different from the typical cloth pad.

Pros:
+ very big (func pad is too small imho)
+ very smooth
+ can stop the mouse easily, no extra glide by accident
+ dust build up won't affect its performance much (func pad isn't tolerant of dust)
+ cheap

Cons:
- no cord holder
? dkt is no longer a big name gamer
tongue.gif

btw. I don't really play much anymore
edit: I also used Ratpadz for a couple of months. It was terrible and I replaced it with func pad.

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 31
ratzpad wears out too fast. if you like fUnc, get another one

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
Consider if you will, how pimpin your computer would become with this.

Did you forget a </sarcasm> tag?
tongue.gif
It'd be a serious distraction gaming or otherwise.

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 31
I have been using Everglide for four years now. They're hard plastic and in the constant use that I have done I've only worn out one. They're also dishwasher safe if I recall correctly. For the most part though, with an optical mouse I just use a pad to give me a familiar position and feel when I'm using the mouse. With optical I do not feel that the surface is as important as it used to be. But man, back when I had a ball mouse an Everglide was an absolute joy to use.

EDIT: Looks like it's hard to find the Everglide Attack Optical's these days. They seem to have gone to cloth for their new pads. Hmmm.... the Titan looks intriguing.

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145
I would buy another func 1030
biggrin.gif

and then buy some Mouse Feet(teflon tape) to make it even last longer. I've been using my func for almost 2years now, I dont see any signs of it wearing out.

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Did you forget a </sarcasm> tag?
tongue.gif
It'd be a serious distraction gaming or otherwise.

desktop.jpg

WHAT'S THAT I CANT HEAR YOU? MY DESKTOP IS TOO LOUD! LEMME TURN IT DOWN... </sarcasm>

Its not distracting except when watching movies from across the room. You are correct that I'm the only one who finds it "pimpin" though. To me it is pimpin because it is SO decidedly cheesy.
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #13 of 31
I read a few comparisons, and apparently the Icemats and Steelpads work pretty well. I always wanted a fUnc 1030 though. Ratpadz are cool but you always hear about them wearing out. I would think that one of the pads made out of glass or steel would last pretty much indefinitely.

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back