PC Connection Issues
Jun 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blueninjasix

Head-Fier
I've happily used the Mojo connected to a specially built (fanless) PC for the last 5 months.
It's never been used as a portable device.
This week Foobar 2000 has started to give me a message
"Unrecoverable playback error: Cannot load audio device driver"
Mojo does not show up anymore in the Sound Devices Panel where my sound card does show up.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Chord Driver to no avail
I've even reset the Windows 10 installation
I've deleted and re-installed ASIO and WASAPI
I've tried Mojo in another PC - it's exactly the same as the first PC
The Coaxial and Optical inputs both work fine but my audio PC doesn't have those outputs.
I'm at my wits end. Can I try anything else or is my Mojo faulty?
Also I've noticed an issue where the 2 volume control lights stay lit but the power button light goes out.
Please help

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 3
Try a different USB cable/port?

Turn off Power Management for ALL USB HUB devices in Device Manager.

Double check the sampling rate of the device.

Did you grab the driver from Chord's site?

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/#nav-windows

Head into Device Manager and look at the devices especially the USB devices and the DAC. Is there one with a yellow triangle by it?

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your reply
I've tried every USB port - USB2 and USB3 at the front and back of both PCs
I've tried 6 different USB cables including the one supplied by Chord and also one with  USB type C termination at the PC end
Thanks for the suggestion about Power Management - I hadn't tried that. I've now ticked that box to prevent the usb hub from sleeping to save power - but it has not solved my problem
I did get the Chord driver from the Chord website - I've tried both the Windows7 version and the Compatible driver
There are no yellow triangles in device manager - but the Mojo doesn't even show up there at all.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about checking the sampling rate of the device - please explain further

Users who are viewing this thread

Back