PC Audio setup: +/- 200 bucks
Dec 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #16 of 21
  Ok, thanks for the replies, should i upgrade from my onboard realtek alc892 or just look elsewhere to spend my money?
EDIT:  No, I don't hear hissing, etc, I'm just looking to improve the sound to get the best out of my headphones.  Thanks again.

Do you hear any hissing, crackling, pops, or hums using onboard? Or do you feel like your gaming experience is lacking?

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #17 of 21
  Do you hear any hissing, crackling, pops, or hums using onboard? Or do you feel like your gaming experience is lacking?

There is a bit of crackle when listening to songs such as Kid A and sometimes other places as well, the bass is a bit lacking of control like I hear just a little bit of distortion in the lower ranges though.  It's not a huge thing but I wish I had a better source to compare the headphones with.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #18 of 21
My experience has been: with low ohm headphones, power doesnt make a difference.

Yes. But the low impedance output of a headphone amp does. I'm not sure about his motherboard, but most internal sound cards don't have optimal low impedance output for 32 ohm headphones.

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 21
You might find this info useful.

http://stephan.win31.de/music.htm#onboard

As you might of guessed I'm in the 'enjoy your new headphones for a bit then work out what you need, if anything, later' camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back