pc audio set up suggestions
May 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bigdan89

New Head-Fier
i am just about done with my build and set up other than the audio end of things .i am lost in the fight do i go studio monitors now or go nice headphones then when money comes go to monitors.Any help with suggestions in any other areas ? i most listen to metal punk and hardcore classic rock.

May 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 5

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
I would assume to get the headphones first.

May 7, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 5

radosuaf

100+ Head-Fier
I'd go monitors but that's because I personally don't like to listen to headphones. Whatever suits your liking.

May 7, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 5

ProtegeManiac

Headphoneus Supremus
  i am just about done with my build and set up other than the audio end of things .i am lost in the fight do i go studio monitors now or go nice headphones then when money comes go to monitors.Any help with suggestions in any other areas ? i most listen to metal punk and hardcore classic rock.

If you'll need the headphones anyway (ie if there are times of the day when you can't use the monitors because of noise) then start with headphones now, drive them with a one-box DAC-HPamp (unless you'll do recording, then you'll need an Interface instead) with preamp outputs, which will be what you'll use to control the volume on the monitors when you get them later on.

May 10, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 5

ChinBo37

New Head-Fier
I say speakers first But it depends on your personal situation

Speakers are more expensive relative to the quality than nice headphones, but for me I game in a living room and sit far from my pc, so I do have nice headphones with a nice long cable, speakers are more convenient ?

Users who are viewing this thread