PC Audio or Not Pc Audio..
Jun 6, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
I really don't understand what you mean?

- Ed

This has changed to a silent pc thread, but actually what I mean is that a pc even with no fans can`t be a cd player,
you get distracted by a lot of things when you turn on pc, internet browsing, news, etc..
sometimes forgetting the music, and when most of times this is ok,
some albums just deserve a special attention, no monitors, no mouse, just you and your speakers..
smile.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 20
Sorry for the silent pc related posts.

I agree in the PC vs CD player. The last time I had a CD player I played a CD sometimes twice from start to end. There were no playlists but the artist and his/her album the way they wanted to play songs after songs. On the PC I double click a few millimeters away and I am in a different album, and different song. This causes me to switch song even if I feel to in the middle in a song. Usually I care to play an album from start to end just to give respect to the musician. But if I am bored I just swich songs like switching channels on TV and I agree this is not like music listening nor audiophile enjoyment.

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #19 of 20
Definitely prefer PC audio (not necessarily with an external DAC).

I like to listen through shuffled playlists, for example, of tracks with high rating, specific genre(s) etc. This wouldn't work with CDs and ReplayGain is a must imo.
Also listen to albums as a whole, especially if it's a relatively new album.

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #20 of 20
I most common use a internal Sound card, since I dont have much space for any thing else. For Amp I decide to use external amps as long I have the room to place one on the desk. I dont have room for a Dac and I dont wanna velcro one to the side of my desk as that would look tacky and might just fall off. So i may get what I planned on getting to put my A2 back into retirement from being a temp use til i get done saving up money.

I mosty tend to use internal sound cards with op-amp sockets so i can roll op-amps on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back