Paypal. Totally Unacceptable!
Feb 11, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #16 of 21
My personal feelings on the matter is that Paypal is now the "third currency" and it's just great. So convenient. It's the only way I want to make transaction. Better tracking than with a credit card. Of course, you'll hear "waa waa waa" about anything new.

Feb 11, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #17 of 21
I've seen many odd problems with PayPal before that are similar to the one you're encountering. Meanwhile, a friend of mine sold a bunch of stuff on eBay with no feedback there or through PayPal, some $5000 worth of stuff. But probably because it was through eBay, PayPal didn't give him a bit of grief, even when he withdrew the money directly afterwards.

Of course, he got bitten this week by an eBay phishing scam e-mail. So maybe it all evens out in the end.
tongue.gif

From personal experience, there hasn't been a single problem. Of course, if I do end up having problems after 200+ verified buyers over nearly four years, I'm going to be rather miffed. Though for such a big operation, their customer service is despicable.

Feb 11, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #18 of 21
My favorite part about PayPal is that they won't confirm my new address because the site says " this credit card has been used to verify before."

Well, no s#1t sherlock! So what? I have to get a whole new credit card to confirm a new address?

Yeah. Right.

PayPal is getting out of hand.

Hopefuly we can have an official Head-fi escrow someday.

-Ed

Feb 11, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #19 of 21
I had the credit card problem too. I went to make a new account (this was last year) and when I added my credit card I got an error. I called paypal and they said on their records my credit card had been used on 5 paypal accounts and after 5 it can no longer be used. I have only ever had 2 paypal accounts so that was a total lie. If it werent for the fact wachovia reissued all its customers new credit cards with the transition from first union I never would have had paypal at all.

Feb 11, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #21 of 21
Meh, PayPal... not happy with them, but what else can you do? (well, money orders... in fact, I bought two items recently via money orders, one of which was a $230 graphics card. Seller refused to accept PayPal, amusingly enough)

I recommend not keeping large sums (say, over $100) in your account unless you know you'll be using it soon to purchase something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back