Paypal, Seller Protection and International Shipping (non-ebay): What do you do?
Aug 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all!
Today someone from Singapore with no feedback offered to buy my pair of UM3X. I understand the rules fairly well for seller protection through ebay. But what about off ebay? Am I protected if he were to file a complaint (and he may be a great guy so this is just hypothetical, of course), if I were to mail it USPS express mail and the payment is marked eligible/partially eligible for seller protection?

Here are some helpful links: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/ShippingRecommendations-outside

and: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&fli=true&content_ID=ua/BuyerProtComp_full&locale.x=en_US#11.%20Protection%20for%20Sellers.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4
AFAIK, there are no real protections off of ebay, and I'm pretty sure that several members have been screwed by this problem. The only real protections are CC chargebacks and a nice feedback page. 

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi there. I shall post it since I can't PM you. Anyway, yes I understand that its risky to deal with someone new here. If you doubt me, which I'm totally fine with it, I'm wishing you good luck with your sales then. I don't want to make things hard for you. All the best.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 4
It's not about you specifically, superduperme! I was just trying to find out exactly what I needed to do be protected as a seller internationally in case something went wrong. I've never had a problem with anyone on headfi and being new doesn't mean you're questionable! I've done lots of international selling, but paypal is kind of secretive into exactly how the best way for sellers to protect themselves is!
I posted this question to help all of us on headfi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back