paypal question
Oct 10, 2007 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Seaside

500+ Head-Fier
Hello guys.

I got a question regarding paypal options.

My paypal account is verified, which means I added my bank account to my paypal account along with credit card account. I guess most of you did this too.

One thing I do not like is, it took money from my bank account rather than credit card account whenever transaction occured. Which makes me bit concerned because of security reason.

I want to change it, so the transaction would take place in my credit account instead of bank account. And I was not able to find how to do that yet.

How can I do this?

Thank.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello guys.

I got a question regarding paypal options.

My paypal account is verified, which means I added my bank account to my paypal account along with credit card account. I guess most of you did this too.

One thing I do not like is, it took money from my bank account rather than credit card account whenever transaction occured. Which makes me bit concerned because of security reason.

I want to change it, so the transaction would take place in my credit account instead of bank account. And I was not able to find how to do that yet.

How can I do this?

Thank.

normally when you are in the process of the transaction, when you have logged into paypal, and it displays the summary and the cost and the message box for notes for that item/transaction you are buying, there should be a link called change payment method or change funding method - from memory!

then that takes you to another page where you can select source for funding, and gives you your options etc

HTH

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 5
pp_1.gif

You can only use a credit card to cover the full amount of a payment when your balance is zero, since PayPal gives priority to any amount on your balance.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 5
If you were really paranoid, you'd get a seperate bank account that's only for paypal and transfer funds to that particular account only when you plan to use it. Otherwise, if your paypal did get hacked your main bank account would be at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back