Paypal Problem
Jul 19, 2005 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SptsNaz

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently tried to log into one of my paypal accounts, only to be taken to the "Forgot your Password?" page. Now I am 100% sure that the password I entered is correct, so why am I being taken to this page? I seem to have no difficulty logging into my other account

Paypal has really gotten on my nerves lately. I know resetting the password is not difficult, but why the hell am I being asked to do this?

Anyone have this problem before?

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
I recently tried to log into one of my paypal accounts, only to be taken to the "Forgot your Password?" page. Now I am 100% sure that the password I entered is correct, so why am I being taken to this page? I seem to have no difficulty logging into my other account

Paypal has really gotten on my nerves lately. I know resetting the password is not difficult, but why the hell am I being asked to do this?

someone might have gotten into your account and changed the password - or gotten into your email account and done the same. i would follow this up ASAP.

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 6
It's part of living in America, is the way I see it. Lots of conveniences, but lots of hassles. Just the other day my credit card company tells me that my account information "has been compromised". I said WTH did you guys leak it out, and the representative told me that they could not tell me that information. They issued a new card, which arrived 4 weekdays later by complimentary "overnight UPS". Now I have to call all the companies that automatically deduct funds from my card for monthly payments to tell them that I have a new card. ARGH.

Ok sorry this was a little OT, but I feel your pain. The most ridiculous things just always seem to happen. Now to find something to help forget my pains...
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz

You haven't gotten (and acted upon) any suspicious emails from PayPal lately, have you? You know, the ones that ask you to log in and "confirm" your account information?

Jul 19, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
You haven't gotten (and acted upon) any suspicious emails from PayPal lately, have you? You know, the ones that ask you to log in and "confirm" your account information?

First off, thanks for everyone's suggestions...

No, I have never in fact responded to any emails whatsoever that claimed to be sent from paypal. I logged in fine (via a direct link), logged out, and now this...

I don't think someone hacked or got into the account either, because paypal is not reporting that my password is incorrect, its just making me reset for no reason whatsoever. Typically when I input the password wrong I get an error message stating that.

Anyhow, I removed my credit card from the account beforehand, so the sending limit is fixed at $0. Hopefully if anyone did break in, nothing serious was done. I'll reset the password later tonight and see I guess

Damn Paypal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back