PayPal, ok to accept payment from unconfirmed address outside of US?
Jan 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 16
I think here paypal is warning to not ship the item before the payment is authorized. This is definitely the key when the buyer has paid by echeck, which can take 5 or 6 days for the bank to check if their account has sufficient funds to clear the payment.

I myself had an unconfirmed address for a few years, and the sellers never gave me any hassle, they just waited til their paypal account showed the amount due and then shipped.

Definitely, accept payment, just don't ship the item until the payment clears and shows up in your paypal.

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 16
When i ordered my k271 from us i could not buy them before i had authorized my paypal account( i paid and the stuff did not ship) . it was a limit to 200$ unauthorized... I paid once and a week later my money was back on my bank account. was so angry.. so i would be badd sending them before you got the money over to your bank i guess

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #9 of 16
You can let paypal t investigate the adress.ıt takes 3 days,I myself have an adress in Turkey and have been investigated once by an ebay seller.You feel better thay way IMO.

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. But only UK and Can are able to have confirmed address.

x2. I've got one in Canada.

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does paypal let people from outside the US confirm an address?

Yeah, but sadly they don't have this a worldwide feature!
mad.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #14 of 16
There are two types of authorization:
1. your address. This is only available in the US, UK and Canada IIRC
2. your CC. This is particularly applicable to countries such as mine, where you can only link your account to a CC, and not to a bank account. You have to verify the CC before being able to use the account.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to verify the CC before being able to use the account.

Actually, you don't have to verify your CC before using it. You can use it, but you have an amount limit to your transactions. And as far as I remember, that limit was very little. I used my account without verifying it for some time, but I got to a point that I needed to verify it so that I could purchase more stuff.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back