Pavlik vs. Taylor. Incredible!
Oct 2, 2007 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Anarchy965

500+ Head-Fier
Man that match turned out even better than I expected. I still can't beleive what a hard hitter Pavlik is!

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man that match turned out even better than I expected. I still can't beleive what a hard hitter Pavlik is!

I was glad to see Taylor dethroned. Nothing personal, but I never felt he deserved it in the first place. Didn't feel he beat Hopkins in either fight, didn't feel he deserved the decision over Corey Spinks, too. Winky Wright gave the fight away by not fighting in the final rounds. A champion of that caliber doesn't deserve to hold the title.

Pavlik is quite the puncher. Thought he was done for in the second, but he managed to survive. Will be interesting to see how long he remains champ.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 4
The undercard of Berto-Estrada was a great one as well.

There is a rematch clause in the contract so Taylor-Pavlik II will probably be next. Taylor needs to work on keeping his left arm up or he's just going to continue to get tagged with rights.

At least Taylor is an exciting fighter when he isn't being held constantly (Hopkins) or when his opponent runs the whole time (Spinks).

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was glad to see Taylor dethroned. Nothing personal, but I never felt he deserved it in the first place. Didn't feel he beat Hopkins in either fight, didn't feel he deserved the decision over Corey Spinks, too. Winky Wright gave the fight away by not fighting in the final rounds. A champion of that caliber doesn't deserve to hold the title.

Pavlik is quite the puncher. Thought he was done for in the second, but he managed to survive. Will be interesting to see how long he remains champ.

Agree 100%. Pavlik may stick a while for lack of opposition in the middleweight division. I am not so excited about a rematch with Taylor. Taylor is strong, energetic, but I feel he just does not have the technical level to compete with the best.

Did anyone see Chad Dawson fight this weekend ? I was quite impressed. He boxes beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back