Paul Pang's V2 USB card (PPA V2)
Jan 28, 2019 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bequietjk

100+ Head-Fier
A write-up would probably be the best but for now I think I'll post this on the fly.

After hearing a dramatic increase in SQ by adding a linear power supply to my headphone amp, I realized there is much more to achieving and discovering sound quality than just tossing an amp, dac and headphones together. There is a chain to it and in that chain, if everything measures up, can have great results.

Adding in a usb-spdif converter (Topping D10) as well as a Wyred4Sound Recovery and polished and increased the dynamics and SQ overall and has me craving more and more, and I feel like my HD600's open up to greater levels with every piece of hardware added in.

In comes the PPA V2 usb card.
CIMG0202.JPG

I did some light research and found that our usb implementations can be noisy due to other components in our pc interacting with each-other and all this electricity going on. It's an electrical circus. Came across usb cards and of course that would be a great idea, and these cards can even be power externally! This got me very excited. And it really came down to a few choices.

-SOtm tX-USBexp
img_tx-usbexp.jpg

-JCAT USB Card FEMTO
jcat_usbcard.jpg

I chose the PPA V2 because budget.

Now to play the epic waiting game for the epic delivery. Can't wait to listen.

On another note, has anyone had experience with any one of these cards, if not ALL 3 of them?
What changes in SQ have you experienced?
To what degree in performance and SQ might the JCAT and SOtm be better?

Happy listening

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back