Paul Newman passed away @ 83
Sep 27, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 18
RIP Very said, great actor
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 18
Tonight, I'll toast Paul Newman's passing away with a nice glass of his Italian salad dressing! He is one of the greatest actors ever and I remember him well for Cool Hand Luke and The Hustler plus other great films.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 18
RIP
frown.gif

So many great movies he was in. He is the one who got me into watching older movies- and enjoy them.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 18
I wish I could honor him by playing pool and eating his dressings while driving an Indy car, but I think I'm going to have to do just the first two. Sleep well Mr. Newman.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 18
I'm lost for words...

It's actually strange how something like this can affect one as much, since
you never get to know people like him personaly, but only through their acting.

And nevertheless i'm feeling very sad.
A giant has left the stage forever...

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 18
One hell of an actor, and an even better human being.

He was married to Joanne Woodward for 50 years, a genuine rarity in Hollywood. Once when asked about infidelity, he answered, "Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?"

Great guy....RIP

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 18
That is sad. He was a great guy.

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 18
He was a Quintessential actor, real life hero, and outstanding role model for everyone. I always like to remember the scene where he is laying on his back with George Kennedy shoving eggs down his throat. Strange how you don't know someone personally and yet you feel a loss, must say something about the man.

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #15 of 18
My English teacher made us watch Cool Hand Luke in high school. At the end of the movie everyone in the room was silent, some sniffled. I remember that movie to this day because it related to people like me who grew up with no guidance. Thank you Newman for your heartfelt performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back