Paul McCartney Performance
Feb 7, 2005 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
How did you guys think Sir McCartney's performance was on the Superbowl?

Personally, I haven't ever seen better. It was a concert of one of the best musicians to ever live. He played only his top-knotch music, and with quite professionalism.

This was definitely the best Half-Time I've seen all year. Too bad the Patriots won AGAIN!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 18
Yes, I agree, an excellent performance. Live and Let Die was fantastic. The performance is being hailed at other discussion forums I've read tonight as well.

Feb 7, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 18
Yeah.. nice to see the SB halftime commitee step it up from the joke last year.

His bass was mixed "funny"... It lacked definition... or something... IMHO
Amazing stage presence. Blows me away how one guy, a simple melody, basic 4/4 time signature(s) can sound so rich/detialed.

Amazing performer, IMHO he should do the show again next year...
Garrett

Feb 7, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 18
Excellent music, no wardrobe malfunction... I give it a 10!

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 18
McCartney was excellent.

It's just nice that they went with performers with talent enough that they don't feel the need stage a stunt to hook you in.

All the performers did a good job. The sound was much better during the halftime portion than the pre-game. You could hardly hear the music but the vocals bowled you over.

You could really see the overeaction to the FCC fine BS in the commercials this year, though - real tame. The wildest one was the Go-Daddy "Congressional Hearings". No one wants to swat the hornets nest...

Feb 7, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 18
McCartney definitely exceeded my expectations. At the beginning I was thinking, "This is gonna be lame...maybe he'll at least play "Live and Let Die"". And then he ended up performing really well. I was very impressed.

And the pre-game performances of "America the Beautiful" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" were excellent as well. I've been a fan of Alicia Keys since the first time I heard her voice, and I thought she did "America the Beautiful" very well. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was beautiful in its simplicity - all in all, quite a refreshing change all around.

Except for the Patsies winning.

Feb 7, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 18
Agree with everyone else. Awesome performance. Nice to see real musicians playing real music singing with real voices. His back up band KICKED-*SS! Anyone know who those musicians were?

Feb 7, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #11 of 18
I disagree with everyone here--the halftime performance sucked and as usual was too long, the whole game sucked too, who cares about the Superbowl anyway.
mad.gif

(OK--My comments may be slightly biased by the fact that I'm a bitter, heartbroken Eagles fan, lashing out at the world)

Feb 7, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane
I liked it. Better than Los Lonely Boys would have been by far.

The Los Lonely Boys were excellent when I saw them live. Paul did give a great performance, but c'mon, we've been hearing those same songs for 30 years
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #15 of 18
Getting McCartney to do the show was like putting the g rating on it. With the possible exception of the first line of the first song ("buy some California grass") the whole was guaranteed to be inoffensive to the most conservative right wingers. The performance was highly competent, but far from groundbreaking and that's exactly what superbowl promoters want. No one goes home unhappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back