Patricia Barber at The Green Mill again!
Aug 13, 2001 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I received a message from MikeJazz stating that Patricia Barber will be playing at The Green Mill tonight 8/13. I'm going to try to make it for sure! Also, I think they may be there the next 2 Mondays. I'm going to catch as many shows as I can.

PS. Mike, I'll be seated at one of the tables by the stage. I will be the one sipping on a Kettle One martini.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
I received a message from MikeJazz stating that Patricia Barber will be playing at The Green Mill tonight 8/13. I'm going to try to make it for sure! Also, I think they may be there the next 2 Mondays. I'm going to catch as many shows as I can.

PS. Mike, I'll be seated at one of the tables by the stage. I will be the one sipping on a Kettle One martini.
biggrin.gif

Alright, man, this is so unfair!
wink.gif

Senor Arnopol, sir, can you kindly haul your band up here to Michigan? Call me first so we can make sure it's a mutually agreeable time (just kidding!).

I do hope to see you perform up here some time soon. I'll check your schedule right now.

Aug 21, 2001 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 7
I went to the show last night and have to say it was fantastic! I'm running on 2 hours of sleep though. I'm gonna take a nap in my cube now.
tongue.gif

I went there with a couple of friends who had never even heard of her and I just laughed when one of them turned to me and said "hey this lady is pretty good."
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2001 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 7
Caught the PB show again last night. Jude, you have to get to one of her shows - it is fantastic! The group was extremely tight last night and the sound was the best I've heard so far.

I also finally met MikeJazz(Michael Arnopol) from this forum. He was a very cool guy and we spent a couple of minutes talking about headphones. Great show Mike!

Aug 31, 2001 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 7
I just returned home from a business trip, and there was a package waiting for me with all 4 of Patricia Barber's CDs.

Nightclub
Companion
Cafe Blue
Modern Cool

I haven't had a chance to listen to them all, but I have been listening to Companion, which was recorded live at The Green Mill on July 17 - 19, 1999. Great stuff. Mikejazz's solo intro to Bill Wither's Use Me is fantastic.

I can't wait to get to the others.

Sep 6, 2001 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Acid
I don't care for jazz, but lived in Chicago from 1980-91, been in the Green Mill couple times for drinks, on my way to other concerts. I lived in Lincoln Park, took the short L-Train ride up north to go to Aragon Ballroom or Uptown Theater, both within a couple blocks of Green Mill. These may be closed now, but saw many concerts there, Aragon was a real trip with the fake spanish/mexican facade village around stage.

hasta la vista, baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back