PatchMix DSP - controlling analog and digital outputs separately
Nov 9, 2005 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Emon

1000+ Head-Fier
I use my analog outputs for headphones and my optical digital out for speakers via my Panasonic XR55. Is there any way to get a seperate mixer strip for both outputs or something? I want to be able to EQ each output differently, can this be done in any way?

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't know if this will work to your liking, but you could try having your output strips (WAV and ASIO) send to both Aux buses.

For Aux 1: Put an equalizer in the first effect box and have it send it to the analog out (PCI Card Out1/2)

For Aux 2: Same as above, but send to your digital out (PCI Card . S/PDIF L/R).

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 6
wow! never thought about it.
You can see the settings as described by dreamnid on the screenshot below
Just in case you or someone else is confused with patchmix in future
icon10.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the screen-shot :) Hopefully it will clarify what I was talking about.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that I think you should set the return of both Auxes to negative infinity as I think the return will amplify the signal going to the main mix.

Any thoughts on this?

Nov 11, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the suggestion! I did something similar. I found for the aux buses to work, your desired mixer strips actually have to be sending to the aux buses, by default they are -132, I found -15 to be a sufficient level. Then I stuck my EQs and sends in the aux bus strips, works great.

I don't think the return matters much since I'm doing a send/return. I also notice no change in sound when adjusting the return strips. Also, the main mixer doesn't have affect on either output anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back