Part # for Cardas RCA Jacks
Mar 2, 2005 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Madcat05

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with part number for Cardas RCA jacks?

These will be used in a Hammond 1455 series enclosure so I need ones that will fit through that case. I'd perfer a Mouser.com part # if possible.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcat05
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with part number for Cardas RCA jacks?

These will be used in a Hammond 1455 series enclosure so I need ones that will fit through that case. I'd perfer a Mouser.com part # if possible.

Thanks!

Madcat,
I don't think Mouser sells them, however there are basically 3 chassis mount female RCA jacks from Cardas.
The economy jack CTFA,
Then there is the GFRA. The GFRA comes in short & long. There is also the option of a thick or thin nut.
By combining these you can get the size you need depending how thick your case is.

Short Threads / Thick nut = 0 - .082
Short Threads / Thin Nut = .079 -.142
Long Threads / Thick Nut = .142 - .350
Long Threads / Thin Nut = .350 - .400

For example if your case was .125" (1/8") thick you would want a
GFRA S Thin

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks guys. I'll probbly go with the Cardas CTFA from Take Five Audio, since the GRFA are alittle bit more than I'm willing to spead. The CTFAs will do fine in replacing the $1 RCA jacks I currently have.

Originally I was just going to recase my pimeta and replace the battery snaps with a DC jack and an elpac. But now I'm recasing it, adding a DC jack, getting a desktop PSU, and replacing the RCA jacks. Hopefully this will be the last change and my PIMETA will work correctly from now on.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Partsconnexion is also in Ontario.

Damn, how did I even go about not knowing about this site...thanks alot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back