Parrot zik wireless alternative
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

musicCookie

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I recently bought parrot zik as my first ever non internal headphones. I gotta say I am very impressed with it, its features and comfortability. However, I can't help but shake off the "sound leakage" everyone was talking about in online reviews. I don't really want people to know what I am listening to. I am a student studying away from home and I plan to use this for travelling and occasional library/lab visits so I need something that is like the parrot zik in terms of 'wirelessness', build quality and comfortability but without the sound leaking. Can anyone recommend a better alternative? My boyfriend has Bose oe2 and its the only other experience I have with headphones. I think it is very good with dealing with the sound leakage but its not wireless and after long period of time my ear starts hurting. So maybe headphones that is the combination of both products? Price is not really an issue.

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 7
The only pair of bluetooth headphones like the zik that I can think of are the Bose ae2w, but those don't have an active noise cancellation like the zik. If your willing to put up with wired solutions I'm sure you know of the bose qc15 and there are also on ear solutions such as the akg k495.

To be honest I don't think theres anything similar to what the zik offers currently on the market. Atleast in terms of bluetooth capabilities that is.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for your reply 88records. I am not really fussed with the active noise cancellation to be honest. If I had to choose I'd rather have it wireless. Have you had experience with Bose ae2w?

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 7
I've previously owned both the Bose QC15 and the AE2 which is basically what the AE2W is based off of and really like the AE2. It's very light and the leather (or fake leather not sure) they use are very comfortable allowing you to use it for extended periods of time which would be great for you for both a library or travel setting. They also have very good isolation - both ways, so you won't have sound leaking in or out. As for the sound quality despite a lot of people hating on Bose I think the AE2 offers a lot for its price.

I'm not entirely sure where your located but many best buys have a section for Bose and you can demo the AE2 there.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi everyone,
I recently bought parrot zik as my first ever non internal headphones. I gotta say I am very impressed with it, its features and comfortability. However, I can't help but shake off the "sound leakage" everyone was talking about in online reviews. I don't really want people to know what I am listening to. I am a student studying away from home and I plan to use this for travelling and occasional library/lab visits so I need something that is like the parrot zik in terms of 'wirelessness', build quality and comfortability but without the sound leaking. Can anyone recommend a better alternative? My boyfriend has Bose oe2 and its the only other experience I have with headphones. I think it is very good with dealing with the sound leakage but its not wireless and after long period of time my ear starts hurting. So maybe headphones that is the combination of both products? Price is not really an issue.

Hi, if you're still looking the Logitech Ultimate Ears UE9000 are really nice bluetooth headphones with noise cancelling. They are quite big and heavy but have really soft pads and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back