Paramore - Brand new eyes album
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lonereaction

100+ Head-Fier
Recently got the nuforce uDAC2. Everything sounds crystal clear and good.. but Paramore's album sounds muffled? I don't remember it sounding like it had some crappy ipod eq applied.. =(

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
Recently got the nuforce uDAC2. Everything sounds crystal clear and good.. but Paramore's album sounds muffled? I don't remember it sounding like it had some crappy ipod eq applied.. =(

it depends on the quality of your album, if you got it by legit means, then it's probably the recording itself that is poorly mastered.

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I see.. I will rerip it and try again. Maybe I'm just too tired today..

by poorly mastered, I mean to say that it is a fault with the production and you will not be able to do anything about it.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Yup, I understand that. Funny how once you have more revealing equipment, that the difference from  "Good" to "Great", becomes "Bad" to "Mind Blowing".
etysmile.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 8
To my ears it's not a bright album, not especially dull though (I have it ALAC direct from CD).  My preference for the album is in the car, not my cans.  As a drummer I can't help but love tapping on the wheel to those drum beats
bigsmile_face.gif

P.S.  They're incredible live!  If you have the opportunity go to their shows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back