Paradigm Shift A2 or Paradigm Shift Millenia CT?
Mar 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dwthewhiteness

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I could really use some help with this question. I have been scouring the Internet for days, looking for ANYTHING that compares these two solutions. From what I can find, nothing does. Dozens of separate reviews claim each is excellent for various reasons, and I am at a loss as to which one to get.

I don't have a "living room" per say, and all of my everything is located at a central desk in my room (a converted 2-car garage). Whatever audio system I get will be connecting to my PC, Xbox 360, and PS3; as well as my electronic piano occasionally as well, most likely. I listen to music, watch movies, and play video games. I also record music occasionally. Whatever I buy I am going to get immediately; probably tonight, if I can figure this out.

My number one priority is audio quality and sound-staging. I want professional, high-fidelity sound. Their relative sizes, connection options, and cost are not a concern. Both are said to have excellent levels of both, and I am unsure as to whether this "home theatre 2:1" system or "2 bookshelf monitors" would be better for me overall. I really just need ANYTHING at this point to help point me in a direction as to which one would better suit my needs. The only thing that I have to go on right now is ONE review that said that the A2's MIGHT benefit a little bit from an independent subwoofer and that they can be a tiny bit bass-heavy on occasion; whereas the subwoofer in the Millenia CT is good but doesn't quite live up to the standard of its satellites - and that's it. Any advice or input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 2
There are lots of options. For instance, I run Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE with an Harman Kardon 3390 receiver and ODAC connected to my computer. Since you have so many different sources, a receiver and passive speakers might be your best choice. Otherwise, how will you hook everything up?

Check into the Ascends. They are known for having a fairly neutral sound that could be useful for your piano playing and music recording. Plus, their 6.5" drivers put out fairly tight midbass down to around 50hz or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back