AuroraProject

Headphoneus Supremus
Some sad news.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

"At Least 3 Dead, 4 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 11:36 pm EST December 8, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to whom shot the alleged gunman.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information."

Dec 9, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 13
Is this for real? I liked 'ol Dimebag back in the day.
eek.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 13
umm, wow, What??

I liked pantera alot, not recently, but what has this world come to.

i'm glad the gunmen got shot, i dont think we need them in this world.

I wish there was real retribution for this stuff like this, all you can do is say a prayer though.

RIP.

Dec 9, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 13
Yeah, this is bull****. He was an awesome guitarist who created some of the most memorable metal riffs of the 90's. I just don't think metal guitarists are meant to live very long.

RIP Dime, though I can't hardly manage any of your tunes on the six string, I won't hold it against you...

Dec 9, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 13
I just got off work and saw the news. The shootings happened about a half mile from where I used to live. My wife and I have been to the Alrosa Villa (where it happened) for concerts before, but I'm so glad we moved three years ago. That part of Columbus is going downhill fast. A couple of months after we moved, there was another shooting (and death) at the 'Villa. It's the leading topic on the local news today, and probably will be for quite awhile.

-Keith

Dec 9, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 13
Yeah it's true, what a chaotic scene. I wonder how the gun man managed to get a gun into the concert especially if there were security measures such as bag searches and being frisked with a metal detector? I remember Dimebag Darrell back in the days of early Pantera when they released their 1st LP (Metal Magic) and 2nd LP (Projects in the Jungle), he will be truly missed.

Dec 9, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 13
Keith-
I used to live in the complex behind the Elephant Bar, so I know what you're saying about that neighborhood. It just sucks that he was gunned down like that. If he had a few seconds warning, that guitar would've been upside that guy's head.

RIP Dimebag...

Quote:

Originally Posted by meithkiller
I just got off work and saw the news. The shootings happened about a half mile from where I used to live. My wife and I have been to the Alrosa Villa (where it happened) for concerts before, but I'm so glad we moved three years ago. That part of Columbus is going downhill fast. A couple of months after we moved, there was another shooting (and death) at the 'Villa. It's the leading topic on the local news today, and probably will be for quite awhile.

-Keith

Dec 9, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 13
Saw this last night when it broke. Sad indeed. Pantera was one of the greats.

Even worse, IMO, are the 'Dimebag Memorial Series' products that you KNOW are going to be produced. Capitalizing on his demise... sickening.

Dec 9, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yeah it's true, what a chaotic scene. I wonder how the gun man managed to get a gun into the concert especially if there were security measures such as bag searches and being frisked with a metal detector? I remember Dimebag Darrell back in the days of early Pantera when they released their 1st LP (Metal Magic) and 2nd LP (Projects in the Jungle), he will be truly missed.

He came in through the back, from what I've heard... sounds like there was very poor security at the Alrosa Villa last night...

Dec 9, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Saw this last night when it broke. Sad indeed. Pantera was one of the greats.

Even worse, IMO, are the 'Dimebag Memorial Series' products that you KNOW are going to be produced. Capitalizing on his demise... sickening.

Yeah, there are already a ton of eBay sales - guitar pics, autographed guitars, etc. (Though I can't complain - I'll sell my BB King-autographed Lucille when he dies...probably of natural causes, tho - that's my excuse.)

Fortunately Vinnie was unhurt - that would have been doubly bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back