Panda Bear - Person Pitch (What is this!!!!)
Oct 27, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #16 of 20
One of my favorite albums of all time, and possibly the most experiential album I've heard. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

I don't really know what you are talking about with the sampling. The album is almost all played instruments. There are sound effects and the such thrown in here and there, but every song has bass, some guitar, singing, clapping etc all recorded by panda bear. It is true that longish samples that he recorded sort of layer and weave in and out of each other, but almost everything is an instrument or sound recorded by him.

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out you go, hipster. Music is not hard to understand at all. If they dont like it, thats all there is to it.
Go adjust your jeans - they appear to be trapping all your blood inside your legs and your brain has ceased functioning.

Personally, I like it. However, it is popular because it is "different", not because it is good. Pitchfork can take it up the tail pipe like they always do

...cant stand hipsters. They don't even like music. They like "not conforming". Bah.

Mr. Green, I think I love you
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Music is not hard to understand at all. If they dont like it, thats all there is to it.

I just rang Ornette Coleman's doorbell. I'll let you tell him that to his face
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just rang Ornette Coleman's doorbell. I'll let you tell him that to his face
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll bring a present to soften the blow.
How about Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue"?
"Mr Coleman, I brought you one of the best albums of all time."
popcorn.gif

Although, I must say Coleman is interesting. He is one of the few "successful" musicians that come to mind with what appears to be a kind of amusia (in the scheme of things). Not because he did free jazz, but even before that he seemed to have trouble understanding what was universally considered euphonious. Weird progressions even in his more conservative stuff, and those solos. His concept of music always seemed radically different to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back