Panasonic Slimz HX70
Jul 4, 2008 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Icaarus

New Head-Fier
Okay so this is my first review. I found these phones the other day while looking for something to try, couldn't find any information or reviews on them at the time so I figured what the heck.

The HX70 is Panasonic's newest portable supra-aural cans. On the left cup is a retractable cord. Small, light weight, and they ship with a decently well built hard plastic travel pack.

Well 20 minutes after putting them on I am regretting the effort. They are quite possibly the most painful cans I have ever tried on. While the retractable cord is nice and the range is better than my SE210's (I am starting to realize how crappy they are) the pressure is just too intense. If you are looking for a low budget ($80 CAD) set of travel cans these are probably not worth it. I am returning them today.

Update: Returned them to source, the guy honestly suggested that I tape foam onto the arms so they are more like the Koss porta-pro's (which he thought aren't made anymore). Yea, and the retail world wonders why I am buying more and more online.

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the Panasonic RP-HX50 Slimz. Yhese do not have a retractable cord and they do not press hard against me yead. Very comfortable and I'm quite pleased with the SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back