Panasonic SLCT570 Replacement Batteries
Jan 13, 2003 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mrsniggles

New Head-Fier
I'm just wondering if anyone has found replacement batteries for the rechargeables that come with the unit- specifically one's that will charge in the player using the AC Adapter. I know you can order them from Panasonic's site, I just figured I might be able to get some from Radio Shack and spare the expense of shipping them, etc. I bought some from Radio Shack awhile back, but they won't charge in the player and I don't have a AAA charger to use with them.

Thanks,
Chris

Jan 14, 2003 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Dear "Sniggy" -

Aren't those the ones where you simply have to strip away about 1/8" of insulation from around the bottom,(= neg.) end of the battery, (regular AAA/nimh), to enable it to be charged like the offical panny batt's?

Jan 14, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 6
You can remove the isolation and they can be charged by the player. I did it myself after reading the instructions on Fixup's website: www.fixup.net. It really works.

Jan 14, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Could you explain how you "remove the isolation"? Or could you post a link to where on fixup's website this procedure is, because I could not find it on the site. Thanks a lot, I have a ct570 as well and would be interested in this procedure.

Jan 15, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by septikus
Could you explain how you "remove the isolation"? Or could you post a link to where on fixup's website this procedure is, because I could not find it on the site. Thanks a lot, I have a ct570 as well and would be interested in this procedure.

http://www.fixup.net/tips/audio.htm

scroll to the bottom

Jan 15, 2003 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by septikus

I see andrzejpw already gave you the link. Sorry, I was out of the office. The charging period is actually faster (at least in my experience) with the player than with the external charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back