Panasonic SL-CT570
Nov 26, 2002 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheHappyHippo

New Head-Fier
I'm curious. How good is it ?

I bought mine some time ago...waaaaayy before I got interested in good audio quality. Sounds fairly good to me, but I wonder what you people think.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Hi TheHappyHippo,

If I were you, I'd take good care of your ct570. They're not getting better as time goes on, and they'll only get worse.

IMO, the ct570 is a very good player, in terms of sound quality as pcdp's goes. I prefer the sound of the ct570 compared to the Sony d-25. That is the extent of my pcdp experience.

If you are not taking advantage of the 'line out' of the ct570, I would suggest you look into a amp.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 10
Welly: you should put that in your sources list in your profile, you only have the 470 listed.

The 570 was my first real portable, I really like the no frills aspect of it. For the money, I think it's a very good player (75 used). However, it must be stressed that you really shouldn't use it as your home player. Investing 120-150 for a new Sony NS500V was probably the most effective upgrade for me, and I can still use the 570 for portable use. I was using the 570 as my only player for about a year, a little less, with markertek IC to CHA47 and ER6s.

Investing some of that $1400 dollars in a better home source would have been a much better choice to, say, 150 dollar cables or something. There really is a huge difference.

See profile to see equipment used.

edit: In hindsight, it was kind of cool being able to say that I could take my setup damn near anywhere. Of course, that doesn't mean that it would be as good as a stationary one.

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Ok, there were the positive voices, now I'm going to be the devil's advocate: The SL-CT570(A) totally sucks compared to the Grundig CDP 4100/4101 AS 10. The headphone out of the 570 is rather wimpy, and even on the line-out there is a certain grainyness. Maybe the battery life on the 570 is a little better, though. And the Grundigs have neither remote nor optical out - but they were also much cheaper.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / Linicipher
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 10
kerecsen/Welly: You can inform yourself about the Grundig players here: http://www.grundig.de/produkte/audio/cd-portables.html - text is in German, but the data should be pretty much self-explanatory. If you need further data, please refer to the link to the tech-data-pdf at the end of the document above.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Output power was decreased from 2x 15 mW to 2x 5mW on the newest Grundig with mp3-playback. And there doesn't seem to be a multi-format-player with fm-tuner, yet.

Nov 29, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #9 of 10
I don't particularly care about technical data (I haven't been able to establish too much correlation between the spec sheet of a discman and it's sound quality). Do they new grundigs sound good?

Nov 29, 2002 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 10
I only have the CDP 4100 and 4101 AS10, as I neither need mp3 nor a particularly long antishock memory - for my taste the best sounding pcdps in my collection (apart from the old Sanyo CDP-55A via line-out). I can't comment on the other Grundigs, but I'd assume that except from the new 9200 all other models should sound fairly similar.

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back