Panasonic RP-HTX7 or Sony MDR-ZX300
Apr 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a pair of RP-HTX7's.  They have a generally fun sound.  The bass doesn't go the deepest and the treble doesn't sparkle as well as it could.  But they are fun headphones for their price.

May 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4 of 6
If your'e still interested in the Sonys you might want to look at  the MDR570 instead if you can find them. They sound good for the price, come in some great colours and fold flat
Why Sony, when they had such a great and original looking design, went with the routine DJ style in their ZX100/300 replacements is beyond me. 

May 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 6
All I know is that the ZX300 is what one of my friends has, and having owned some great studio cans for some time now, call me spoiled but from what I remember the ZX300s were like:

mid-bass is exaggerated quite a bit
upper mids are on the harsh side of things
treble extension is nonexistent
sub-bass extension is also disappointing

EDIT:
I would get the NXG Pro DJs. They're the Monoprice 8323 but with velour pads, same OEM. Awesome sounding headphones for 15 bucks shipped. I have a pair myself.

http://www.amazon.com/NXG-Technology-NX-HTDJ-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0041A3P5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399596487&sr=8-1&keywords=nxg+pro+dj

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 6
I can't speak to the Panasonic RP-HTX7, but I own a pair of the Sony MDR-ZX300. I think they sound great, bearing in mind that they cost under $30. Between the thick cord, rugged design (a couple people called them 'nearly indestructible,' but I have no desire to test that out), pretty good sound, (subjective) good looks, and low price, I think they're quite a bargain!

I highly recommend them, but as with everything in life, tastes vary. Some people think they sound like crud, I think they sound great! A friend once let me listen to his $400 Sennheiser headphones, the HD 650 if I remember correctly. I honestly didn't think they sounded much better than my ZX300. I did notice that certain songs had a little more detail in the mids on his high-priced headphones. I'm no audiophile, but I really like the ZX300 and I refuse to use crappy cheap headphones after listening to these. 

Hope that was helpful! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back