Panasonic RP-HJE900 possible cable or driver problem question
Feb 4, 2011 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Senorbobo

New Head-Fier
I bought he HJE900's a while back and I have only used them for about an one or two hours tops over the last couple months. I have kept them in their carrying case the whole time and when I went to finally use them again today, I noticed that all the main vocals in songs were very distant but everything else sounded fine on both earbuds. I tested this on my mp3 player and on my computer just to confirm it wasn't my mp3 player. What I guess I want to know is that from this can it be concluded that the drivers are screwed up or would I need to replace the cables as the only way to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 7
even if you are out of warranty, for $15 you can order a sleek cable from B&H that should work fine, thus fixing your cable problem. If it was the driver it would likely be distorted...

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 7
The beauty of the Pana's along with the solid housing 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Yeah it sucks that Panasonic dropped them all ready but I am glad that it seems to be only a cable problem. Thanks again for the help!

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I had a very similar problem with my pair out of the box. It definitely is the cable, and most probably at the Y-splitter. You can see by twisting the cable at that part and checking if the sound changes, like it did on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back