Panasonic RP-HC300 noise cancelling headphones
Jan 19, 2006 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pards

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently borrowed a pair of Bose QuietComfort I headphones for a long haul flight. I also gave them a run on the subway. I absolutely love them.

Going back to my old Sony MDR-G72 phones is no longer an option. I now have to buy a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

The problem is that I don't want to spend the $400 CAD for the new Bose model. I want a closed-ear model which rules out the Sennheiser PXC series. There is a JVC model that I didn't really like.

So, by process of elimination I have arrived at the Panasonic RP-HC300, but I haven't been able to find any reviews of these headphones anywhere. Has anyone heard any reports on the Panasonic RP-HC300 .. good or bad?

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Pards

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you thought about IEM (In Ear Monitors) as they give rather a lot of isolation and the sound quality is higher then noise cancelling headphones. They are put directly into the ear and block it totally and so very little sound can leak in around them. Round here Bose is generally considered as crap (though I've never heard them myself so I wouldn't know)

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Do you have a brand and/or model number you'd suggest?

The other phones I looked at were the closed-ear Bose Triports which were nice but didn't have noise-cancelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back