Panasonic 570 CD Player Disapointment
Dec 12, 2002 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the well spoken of Panasonic 570 PCDP. I find the volume output on the headphone out jack to not be loud enough for my tastes. I have tried it with Sony V-6's, Sennheiser 280's and Koss Portapros. My older Sony D-232 seems to have better output and sound quality through the headphone output jack. Compared both with the anti skip in the off and on mode. I will say that the anti skip protection on the 570 is very good. I think the 570 is rated among the highest of PCDP's at 9mw per side. Where is the volume?

Dec 12, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 5
That's strange. I use mine with Koss KSC-50's, Sennheiser 497's,and the Radio Shack version of Koss's KTX-Pro. A volume setting of about 7 to 8 produces very loud music, even in a noisy environment. I've even tried it with Senn 580's, and it can drive them to a reasonable volume. The nice thing about the 570 is you can crank the volume to its highest seetting and still get no distortion.

Dec 12, 2002 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Stevesolo save your ears because you are obviously listening at too high volumes. The panasonic goes louder then any of the new portables I have heard in the past 2 years. Older players do go louder at the expense of size, anti-skip and battery life.

Biggie.

Dec 13, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Are you sure you did not plug into the Line Out instead? I cant imagine the Headphone Out not being loud enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back