Palm Tungsten PDA
Feb 15, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #16 of 21
i have a palm Zire, so technically i dont even HAVE a pda, tis good for games tho
rolleyes.gif

Feb 15, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 21
Zire is cute. My only complain about is it too small memory (2MB), but i guess it has expansion slot though.
I'm very impressive with TT screen--very crisp and vivid color.
I am waiting for T615 clie which i recently purchased used on eBay
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, I really don't understand why Sony has made new NZ90 -their top of the line and most capable PDA of that size (thick like a brick). It's no longer PDA in my opinion.

Feb 15, 2003 at 11:47 PM Post #20 of 21
I have a palm m100, so i definitely feel for all you 2MB Zire people. I also have a Toshiba e335 which I got (okay, well my parents got for me) on sale at Office Depot for $250. New! That's at least $150 off retail! I'm definitely satisfied with it, it comes with 64MB (although winCE apps do take up more space), a 300MHz XScale processor, and it is thin and lighter than most PDA's I've seen, and it has this realllly sleek brushed-aluminum/stainless steel look to it.
Pocket PC's have Word and Excel and sometimes Powerpoint and Access built in, and have a lot of built in networking capabilities that PalmOS PDA's lack. My Toshiba even has a built-in USB Host Controller, which means that with an adapter (because the plug isn't normal) I can plug in an external hard disk or a USB optical mouse or a USB keyboard or a USB modem... try doing that with a Palm!
I considered asking for the Palm Tungsten, but I decided Tungsten wasn't worth all the extra money for the extra stuff it has, considering that the e335 also uses a SD card, and I don't need bluetooth, although Toshiba does sell a SD-slot bluetooth adapter. The ultimate deciding factor was that I could store more music and play MIDIs on the Pocket PC (yes, MIDI is still alive.) It does make quite a replacement for an MP3 player.
Well, i suppose that ends my rant for now.
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 3:58 AM Post #21 of 21
I would have gotten the Toshiba e740 (wi-fi ready) had it not been out of stock at the time. Alot more useable functions for my personal use however the Tungsten is very bussiness orientated & so far for work purposes has been very useful for me being able to synchronise with MS Outlook (Not only the calendar & Contacts but also the Notes & To do list which I couldn't do with my Nokia 9210).

Still, for the kind of user that I am, I still feel PDAs lack the computing power that I need for on the go. Hence the Tungsten will be handed down to my wife when I get round to getting an Apple Powerbook G4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back